My Macbook just got freeze.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook 2 GHz Intel Core Duo. 2G RAM
I was listening some music in itunes, suddenly the music stops.
Back to my laptop and check it, everything did not work, except the mouse pointer (but it only moved, did not do anything).

I have the log from the onyx. The time is messed up. Current time is March 26, 11:52 am. But the log said I crashed at 2007-03-25 19:39:59.201 -0700

Any similar problem or clue of what did I get?
Is it okay to post the onyx log file here?

Thanks.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
have you tried a simple restart?

do you have all your updates?

you may want to do a cache cleaning too.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook 2 GHz Intel Core Duo. 2G RAM
I tried to force shutdown by pressing the power button for about 3 seconds.
The scary part, the first try did not work. My Mac stucked in dark blue screen.
Then, I did the force shutdown for the second time. The second time brought my system back to normal.

Is it worthed to debug this problem to the apple customer service at their stores? Or this is just the common random scenario?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
A single crash occurence does not warrant spending the time to figure out what caused it. If it is an ongoing problem, then is the time to call customer service. A phone tech support person will not have much of a clue where to start based on a single instance.

Also, for future, 3 seconds will not turn off the machine, it takes 5 seconds (hold it for 6 or 7 if you have to, it will shut down).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.