• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac Related Magazines

Reaction score
I plan on purchasing a Mac Book Pro in the near future. It'll be my first Mac. I'm kind of getting fed up with Windows, and I'm not that big of a Linux fan. All of the things that I want to do with a PC, are best suited for a Mac and all Apple related programs. But I digress. I want to subscribe to a magazine that will be useful and interesting to me. One thing I would like to see in it would be Photoshop tips and hints, being that I really enjoy using Photoshop (new to this as well,) and would like to learn more about it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the best magazine for me to subscribe to? I was originally going to go with MacLife Magazine, but any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Welcome to the forum Wild_Zer0. I really like Macworld, www.macworld.com It has a couple articles in the April issue about Photoshop Lightroom and another good article about Digital photo color.
I like their product reviews (software and hardware) and many other useful articles. Hope this helps.

T

todd51

I plan on purchasing a Mac Book Pro in the near future. It'll be my first Mac. I'm kind of getting fed up with Windows, and I'm not that big of a Linux fan. All of the things that I want to do with a PC, are best suited for a Mac and all Apple related programs. But I digress. I want to subscribe to a magazine that will be useful and interesting to me. One thing I would like to see in it would be Photoshop tips and hints, being that I really enjoy using Photoshop (new to this as well,) and would like to learn more about it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the best magazine for me to subscribe to? I was originally going to go with MacLife Magazine, but any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

I just lately subscribed to Mac-Life magazine and I personally love it! The last issue had a huge article showing off Photoshop CS3, I recommend Mac-Life magazine!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I feel like I have tried them all. I have settled on MacFormat, a great Mac magazine out of the UK. Beautifully produced, lots of great technical insights, tutorials and so on, AND it includes a DVD each month with all sorts of great things on it.

MacFormat has my vote as the best Mac magazine I have run across. Pricey (a year is about $120.00) but well worth it. Pick up a copy or two at your local book store (I used to get them at Barnes and Noble before I took out a subscription) and try it out. I bet you will like it.

Reaction score
I just found Mac Directory. I like it a lot and they have their past issues online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad, 16 GB iPhone 3GS.
I think that MacLife is a good choice. It caters a lot to the creative side of Macs and contains a lot of good reviews and tutorials. I have subscriptions to it as well as Macworld and like them both.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
I get maclife and macworld sent to my house...love em.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
(Late 2009) Mac Mini 10.9.5, 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3
I guess I'm the odd man out in the Mac Universe. I switched from PC to Mac in 04' and have loved it. I have never gone very deep into the Mac world, but I'm getting more interested as the economy has changed and so has my lively hood. I now trade stocks from home, which works out great, but I also design and build racecars. Is there a Mac magazine thats more technical, I have almost no use for photoshop or graphic arts type software, I need a mag that might cover CAD programs for Mac. I used AUTOCAD on my PC's, but i want something for my Mac and a magazine more geared to my way of using it.

Chip

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.