A bad month for my iPod and I

Reaction score
Hello everybody...

It seems like a really bad month for me. First one of my earphones cover fell off(the part that goes into the ear) and a couple of days later a some metal parts fell out. So I was like ok i'll call apple and tell them to replace it.

About 15-20 days later, I was syncing songs between my 5.5 iPod Video 30GB and my PC(since my mac doesnt have all my music.), and then suddenly the power went out. The power outage lasted like .0002 milliseconds, like someone just flipped a switch. So my PC booted up instantly after and froze when i launched iTunes. When i unplugged the iPod my computer unfroze. Strange? Yes. But that's not a problem since i just talked to some guy at apple and he said we'll fix it for you.

But does apple cover earphones? Because i can't file 2 repairs under the same serial number. I would have to call apple for that.

And by the way, I have invisible shield on my iPod. I know I would have to take that off before I send it in. But does anybody know if it's re usable?

Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are having such a tough time with your iPod. But hopefully this will make it a little better. Because the invisibleSHIELD has a lifetime Warranty, contact Shieldzone's Customer Service and they will let you send it in for a replacement for your new iPod. I hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.