Just bought a MacBook Pro. What are the must have applications?

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, quattro4life! I take it that you are not a new Mac user?

Any app you used on your older Mac will do for the most part. If you want the apps to run natively on Intel, look for software that has the "Universal" or "Universal Binary" tag or mention on the webpage. Just make sure your Mac and OS version meet software requirements and you should be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Not a hardware issue. Moved to proper software forum

Reaction score
Must have apps are quicksilver, adium (chat), and windows media player if you watch videos on the web

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
If you listen to a lot of music in iTunes, I would suggest You Control: Tunes. It puts a Previous, Play/Pause, Next, and song selector dropdown menu in your upper menu bar. It's a nice feature so you don't have to keep going back and forth between iTunes and another app. That one's probably my favorite so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Hi quattro4life - welcome to Mac Forums!!!

Are you new to Macs, or just new to Intel Macs?

You may wish to check out the "critical apps" section of my Linux to Mac Switcher's guide, at:

http://www.campbell-tx.net/MacOSX/Linux2Mac/linux2mac.html

Even though it is a Linux oriented guide, the list of "Must Have" apps is completely general, specific only to the Mac itself. There is also a good section called "The Care and Feeding of Your New Mac", all about routine maintenance.

Enjoy!

Reaction score
I am new to the intel processors. any cool / must have / system apps ?

Congrats on your purchase! I actually bought the same thing this weekend. This is a new experience for me since I'm a PC users. In addition to that, I also bought the iMac 20" for the family.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, Gcane93!

You bought absolute dream machines. Congratulations!

And welcome to the Mac platform! I hope you enjoy it a lot! :girl:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.