Some oddities

S

Seeker

Hey,

I just got my Ibook a week plus ago. Tried booting up from the Techtool Deluxe CD (came with AppleCare) to see how tt works...

I restarted my Mac while holding down the 'C' key till the Apple logo showed up but then I got a msg saying I had to restart my com again. How odd... so I can't seem to boot from CD...

Plus somehow when I try to open up help it seems to just close again automatically... how weird...

someone pls enlighten me... =p

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Is the Techtool Deluxe CD bootable?

OP
S

Seeker

btw the 'help' that I was referring to was the default Mac Help...
seems to close everytime I open it...

OP
T

trenollet

Remind me not to get applecare. Since it seems to disable the Help Tab and causes repair / restore CD to not boot :p

Can you boot from the restore Discs? If so, then I'd venture to say the TechTool CD isn't bootable. Maybe it was suppose to be, but it ain't a workin'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I find the best way to see Mac help is to select it from the top menu line after opening Finder

OP
S

Seeker

ah... =)

Hey,

I just decided to give Apple Tech Support a ring, apparently I can't boot from the TechTools CD but I can run it from my OS so no big deal...

The help preferences apparently got corrupted so all I had to do was delete the com.help.* files under user folder/library/preferences and after tt no more prob.

Cool...

OP
S

s3pt1k

That is so strange. I have never had any problems booting that disc from my iBook G4. Glad you got it figured out though. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.