• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

No refurbished Macs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
so I wanted to look at something on the refurbished macs, but all thats on the Apple site pretty much is the option to buy the AppleCare extension. How come? Is Apple waiting to release Leopard before they make any new refurbished Macs ready?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
refurb stock goes pretty quickly, you just have to watch it, they'll put a bunch more up soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook C2D 2GHz 1GB Ram 80GB HD
yup, I waited 3 weeks for the exact model I wanted to pop up in the refurbished section. It's worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB
they put up new options every day. check in the morning, and if you see one you want, order by phone. when I got mine the salesperson said if you order online you probably won't get one in time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I don't think there are fresh refurbs listed every day. I've been watching closely and it appears to be a couple times a week? From what I've seen, if you're looking over the weekend nothing is added. Anyhow, the upgraded notebooks FLY outta there, so you pretty much have to watch it like a hawk if you want to get extra RAM! They had a whole crop of notebooks added this morning, four 15" MB Pros and several MBs. Four hours later, all the Pros and half the MBs are gone. Ordering by phone is a great idea!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
You need to watch any source of used computers closely if you want upgraded RAM. So far, the only place I've seen a Mac with more than a gig of memory is brand new from the Apple site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I thought it got updated every wednesday?
just check regularly and you will find what you want

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You need to watch any source of used computers closely if you want upgraded RAM. So far, the only place I've seen a Mac with more than a gig of memory is brand new from the Apple site.

Sorry to have to disgree on the memory, but this morning there were TWO refurb 15" MBPs with 2gb ram. One was glossy screen, the other matte. They were gone in about two hours. (As I said, I've been checking daily, sometimes a couple of times a day, to gauge the refurb availability and specs for my future Mac purchase!) :flower:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
it's the upgraded graphics cards i'm usually looking for and so far have never found one in the refurbed section for iMac's or Macpro's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I stand, partially, corrected. It has just dawned on me that the 2gb of ram on the 2.33ghz 15" mbp is standard spec, not an upgrade! My mistake.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Actually, it's just about every morning they refresh the refurb section. At least over the past couple of weeks anyways. It's usually empty of newer stuff by noon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Noon in which time zone? *laugh* I have checked (almost religiously?) between 7:30-8am MST daily for the past two weeks and there have only been two other days in these past two weeks where there were any MB/MBPs! Today there was a full boat and it shocked me.

Hmm, maybe you're right about it being every day. Now I think of it, the sound of heavy rain woke me much earlier than usual! Guess I should have been setting my alarm so I could check before 8-9am EDT.

Oh well, maybe this will help others out west find a refurb notebook before they are all snatched up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
still dreamin...
Apple.ca restocks every Tuesday.

I haave been watching the referbs every day for apple.ca they have updates every day this week early before 6am Eastern, except today being the weekend... all gone by noon tho...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.