Halo question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I am going to be buying Halo for my Mac soon.. what do you all suggest is the best way to play it? mouse? controller? or none of the above just using the trackpad and keyboard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Mouse and keyboard beats controller by a long shot in first person shooters.

Don't use the trackpad though, because then the controller wins :bomb:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
wow, I didn't even know you could get Halo for OSX...now the question comes do I wait until I buy Xbox 360 or do I just take the plunge and get it for the mac...hmmm lol

OP
KoDorSean
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow, I didn't even know you could get Halo for OSX...now the question comes do I wait until I buy Xbox 360 or do I just take the plunge and get it for the mac...hmmm lol

I would get it now for OSX.. its only $30

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
leopard macbook pro 17" | ipod touch
Halo 1 is the best, i've been playing it for years.

I used to play on my PC with this:

nostromo1.jpg

I was dying to try it on my macbook pro once my desktop died, but for some reason even though i installed the mac software it still wouldn't actually work. Maybe i did something wrong because it's supposed to work on mac. But if you can get a hold of one of this nostromo speedpad and get it to work i would highly recommend it, it really helped my game. You can customize every key for each game you play and it's got 2 adjustments to fit your hand.

As far as the mouse, i found with halo a simple 3 button cord mouse gives better performance than my 8 button laser mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Halo 1 is the best, i've been playing it for years.

I used to play on my PC with this:

nostromo1.jpg

I was dying to try it on my macbook pro once my desktop died, but for some reason even though i installed the mac software it still wouldn't actually work. Maybe i did something wrong because it's supposed to work on mac. But if you can get a hold of one of this nostromo speedpad and get it to work i would highly recommend it, it really helped my game. You can customize every key for each game you play and it's got 2 adjustments to fit your hand.

As far as the mouse, i found with halo a simple 3 button cord mouse gives better performance than my 8 button laser mouse.

That is sick! where did you get that, Cherry? I've seen similar products, that looks like one I'd acutally want to buy.

I try to refrain from such purchases as it only enables my bad gaming habit. Oh well, resistance is futile!

OP
KoDorSean
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if anyone cares I went with the mouse option and its working great. fun game also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
leopard macbook pro 17" | ipod touch
That is sick! where did you get that, Cherry? I've seen similar products, that looks like one I'd acutally want to buy.

I try to refrain from such purchases as it only enables my bad gaming habit. Oh well, resistance is futile!

I got mine here, but then i found out it's cheaper on newegg. :p
I remember for a long time belkin was completely sold out of the n52, but it looks like they have it again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.