Register website with Google!

Reaction score
Hi. How do I register my website with Google, so it comes up in search results? I don't mind paying, if the fee isn't outrageous. Please respond soon. Thank you!

OP
Christopher
Reaction score
Thank you, Schweb. Can I change the comments later, change them from whatever I enter in the first time? Thanks so much.

Reaction score
Once you enter your URL in Google, Google will come crawl your website evry now and then. So any changes you want to make, just add them into the Meta HEAD of your document, and google will pick you up automatically.

OP
Christopher
Reaction score
Um, thank you! But I'm not sure I get it. I intend to enter a description in the Comments field where Schweb's link takes me, for my website.

If I want to change those comments later, you are saying I change the meta HEAD, and new comments will appear when you type in mywebsite.com? How do I access the meta HEAD? I can't just go back to that same page and change the comments? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
The fastest way is to get a link to your site from a site that is already indexed by google frequently. Also set up a google sitemap. Have content that changes on your site site daily (or at least weekly) to maintain a good re-crawl rate.

OP
Christopher
Reaction score
Okay, these are all great suggestions but I need a specific question answered please. My assumption (which may be incorrect): If I enter in a description at the site Schweb was kind enough to link me to, this is the description that will appear in search results?

And, if that is true, then is there a way after that to describe my website again, later? To update the description.

Thank you.

If the comments I enter are only for Google's use, I would like to know how to influence the description Google has about me in search results. So I can make it say, "Christopher.com, glass blowing, cobalt, cerulean. Educational pricing available. Lessons available by appointment... or something like that. Please help.

Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
The description shown by google will always change, depending on what the user searched for. The description might be used, if the search is vague. Or snippets from the body of the webpage will be used if it has terms in common with search phrase.

Examples...
Vague: http://www.google.com/search?q=mac+forums
Gives: "Mac-Forums is a discussion area for Mac related topics."
Non vague: http://www.google.com/search?q=mac+forums+register+with+google
Gives: "Register website with Google! Web Design and Hosting."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.