I think I am facing a SERIOUS PROBLEM!!

Reaction score
Hi all,

My early threads some where had already mentioned that I imac is not working (Cant boot into OSX) since after I just moved abit backward on my comupter table top! No drop seriously NO. My imac had been with me for more then 3 yrs? maybe Mode: 15" Flat panel imac with super drive etc....

Some of them said hardward problem and only way is to reformat it! after my long long time consideration.... I tried it now to reinstall the OSX BUT :radioacti

I follow the steps one by one to reinstall the OSX, when I was at this section to select a destination volume to install OSX (I only had one main HD not partition) the "flowr" circle kept running and my imac had this funny sounds "tic-tick, tic-tick, tic-tick..." every 3-4sec and the screen still at same screen "checking for previous installation" :eek:neye:

IS MY IMAC DEAD????? :( :( :(

Before I want to try this reinstall, I tried run the disk utility and its give this messag:-
Repairing disk for "my HD"
Cecking HFS Plus volume
Checking Extents Overflow file.
Checking Catalog file.
Invalid node structure
Rebuilding Catolog B-tree.
The volume "my HD" could not be repaired.

ERROR: The underlying task reported failure on exit (-9972)
Repair attempted on 1 volume
0 HFS Volumes repaired
1 volume could not repaired

And I also tried this medthod from some one that try to boot into single user mode, I tried hold down Apple key & the S key and after text is done loading...I dont know wherlther my mac so call the text is it refer to the below, anyway it do not allow me to type in /sbin/fsck -f.... coz it just freeze after the last line of text.

BSD root: disk0s10, Major 14, minor 9
disk0s10: I/O error
Load of /sbin/mach_init, errno2, trying /etc/mach_init
Load of /etc/mach_init failed, errno2

OP
JaneChua
Reaction score
hmm...I try to click the "GO BACK" key then there is a "Option" key for me to click and i clicked and choose ERASE ALL and install a new OS and it work!

Now its is installing, I hope everything goes fine!

Btw, how many times can we reinstall OSX to mac? I think I had reinstall it for more then 3 times and of coz it because there is problem that I cant boot in so only way i can do is to reinstall.

OP
JaneChua
Reaction score
:radioacti I just too early to be happy!!!!!:radioacti

reinstalling of OSX failed!! it said " Error to install the software!!! WHY!!WHY!!

HELP~~~~~~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
Sounds to me like your HD has failed.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you are hearing a clicking sound, you hard drive has or is in the process of failing. New hard drives are inexpensive. You should be able to get a replacement drive in the 120-250GB range for $50-80 online.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.