Adobe CS3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
It looks like Adobe got pretty package happy with CS3:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2596

Exclusive: Adobe Systems Inc. will announce Tuesday that its highly-anticipated Creative Suite 3.0 software suite will be available in six distinct bundles with European pricing ranging from €999 to €2799, AppleInsider has learned.

Adobe Creative Suite Design Standard and Premium

A suite targeted towards media professionals will be called "Adobe Creative Suite 3.0 Design." It will be offered in both "Standard" and "Premium" bundles that fetch €1269 and €1999, respectively.

For print and publishing professionals, the "Standard" bundle will package InDesign 3.0, Photoshop CS3, Illustrator CS3 and Acrobat 8 Professional. The "Premium" version will be geared more towards cross-media and graphics designers, adding Flash CS3 Professional, Dreamweaver CS3, and swapping out Photoshop CS3 for Photoshop CS3 Extended.

Adobe Creative Suite Web Standard and Premium

The San Jose-based Adobe will also offer a pair of bundles specifically for Web developers as part of its "Adobe Creative Suite 3.0 Web" suite.

The "Standard," and most affordable of all six Creative Suite 3.0 bundles, will cost €999 and include Flash CS3 Professional, Dreamweaver CS3, Fireworks CS3, and Contribute CS3. A €1699 "Premium" package will also cater to web "designers," adding Photoshop CS3 Extended, Illustrator CS3, and Acrobat 8 Professional.

All Creative Suite 3.0 Web and Design suites, be it the Standard or Premium bundles, will also include Adobe Bridge CS3, Version Cue CS3, Device Central CS3, Stock Photos, and Acrobat Connect.

Adobe Creative Suite Production Premium

With film and video production professionals within its cross-hairs, Adobe also plans to roll out a €1999 suite called "Adobe Creative Suite 3.0 Production Premium." In addition to Photoshop CS3 Extended, Illustrator CS3, and Flash CS3 Professional, the package will include After Effects CS3 Professional, Premier Pro CS3, Soundbooth CS3, and Encore CS3.

Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection

For those pro users and institutions that want all Adobe has to offer, a €2799 "Adobe Creative Suite 3.0 Master Collection" will provide just that. It'll include InDesign CS3, Photoshop CS3 Extended, Illustrator CS3, Acrobat 8 Professional, Flash CS3 Professional, Dreamweaver CS3, Fireworks CS3, Contribute CS3, After Effects CS3 Professional, Premier Pro CS3, Soundbooth CS3, and Encore CS3.

Both the Production Premium and Master Collection suites will also come with Adobe Bridge CS3, Version Cue CS3, Device Central CS3, Stock Photos, Acrobat Connect, Dynamic Link, OnLocation CS3, and Ultra CS3. The only exception is the omission of Version Cue CS3 from the Production Premium bundle.

Most applications in the six-bundle release will be both Mac- and Windows-native, including all major components and their companion tools (Acrobat Connect, Bridge, Device Central, Dynamic Link, Stock Photos, and Version Cue). Only the Production Premium and Master Collection suites' video companion programs (OnLocation and Ultra) are limited to Windows systems.

Adobe plans to officially celebrate the global launch of Creative Suite 3.0 at a special event in New York City on Tuesday, March 27th. However, the software will not ship until sometime later this Spring.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
good news that it's all coming together. You'd expect the CDs/DVDs to be made of gold though. Hope the education version available here gives a decent discount...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac G3 450MHZ 512 RAM DVD
I'm still running 7.0, the price of CS1 and CS2 put me off, considering I wouldn't really use the new features much but CS3's revamp is pretty cool.. Just wait until it gets some kind of price drop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
In my experience, Adobe doesn't drop prices of these things over time. BTW note that these are suite prices, not prices just for Photoshop itself.

...and of course like many, I am more interested in the Photoshop CS2 -> Photoshop CS3 upgrade price than the price of a new purchase. Unfortunately, this price doesn't seem to be mentioned in the link.

OP
PunkRockTuba
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im hoping my student discount gets me a pretty good price, im looking at the design premium package. All I can do is wait, time will tell.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
The upgrade prices to the suites seem to be in the $650 range, at least for the Web bundle anyway, so I suspect the Design bundle will be close to that as well - perhaps a bit less.

According to the product grid, GoLive is dead and gone. And for those looking for a replacement for ImageReady (which is also dead now), Fireworks appears to be a stand-alone application or part of the Web bundle - no more bundling with Photoshop or the Design suite. Bummer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I'm just going to stick with CS2, it does everythign I want it to. All I use is Photoshop and ImageReady

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac and MacBook Pro
CS3 Price

With Adobe it is always a sad story... the software is excellent, but the price... it is not for me... making graphics just for fun... :(

And I believe, they will take EUR price the same as the USD. Which means - 100 USD is equal to 100 EURO.

M

MacHeadCase

I don't particularly like Adobe either.

To me they are turning out more and more like the M$ of the design apps world, buying up competitors, asking ridiculous prices for their software, etc.

Edited to add:

BTW' welcome to Mac-Forums, AndieCZ! I hope you stick around!

M

MacHeadCase

Well, it's out of the bag. MacNN has this article on Adobe announces Creative Suite 3 and prices are listed:

... Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium ($1,799) and Standard ($1,199), and Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium ($1,599) and Standard ($999) will begin shipping in April 2007, while Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium ($1,699) and Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection ($2,499) for Mac OS X (Intel-only) will begin shipping worldwide in the third quarter of 2007. ...

As you can see, some versions will be shipping in April while the Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection will ship later. And that suite version is for Intel-only, people... *Whistling smilie*

OP
PunkRockTuba
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just need to start emailing the IT department at my school to find out what package and when they will have it.

Reaction score
I don't like the 5 different packages for CS3. They need to stick to 2 of them. I had to hunt through amazon for a chart of what was in what to figure out which one is for me.

Plus the prices are whoa!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I said all this on the Mac Rumors forum but an imbecile of epic proportions wittered on how cheap it was and threw a few insults my way. I had a frank exchange of views by PM, which confirmed that he really was an arrogant berk.

Mac Forums is much better than Mac Rumors - there's just too many threads and pointless posts to wade through over there.

M

MacHeadCase

Just to let you guys know, Strata 3D announced today three plug-ins for Photoshop CS 3 Extended: Strata Design, Strata Foto and Strata Live.

Strata Design helps you make perfect perspective shots with vanishing point and it also allows you to place 3D objects in the scene.

Strata Foto allows you to generate 3D models using photos from a digital camera.

Strata Live is for 3D content on web sites.

Reaction score
Quick question...

I have a new Core 2 Duo Macbook with 2 gbs of RAM. Would I have any problems running Photoshop or Illustrator CS2 or CS3?

I really want to purchase Illustrator for my Macbook!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
i dunno about illustrator as i haven't used it but i have a c2D macbook with 2gigs of ram and have no problem running Photoshop CS3

Reaction score
When do the CS3 packages come out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
And the apps all ROCK!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.