what's wrong with my macbook? anyone can describe the reason behind these problems to

Reaction score
anyone can describe the reason behind these problems to me?!after years

of saving and dreaming,last week I got my first ever macbook.
but I'm facing some problems with this machine and I'm so dissapointed right now
1.iTunes:I was listening to a song today and everytime I play this song,at a certain moment,the whole audio output of the mac goes silent,I mean the playback and time still runs but there is no sound even if I play other things until I adjust the audio output level.
2.DVD Player:I was playing a dvd(Richie Hawtin DE9) and at certain minutes of different chapters,it says it has to quit the program for some reasons,also if I want to play forward or rewind(but there was no problem with another dvd I played,could it be from dvd?I mean not scartches or...cause I copied it on the hard and a friend of mine told me maybe it can't read the information on the dvd from that part unward,is it truth?!)
3.I was browsing the net wireless,and there was this msg that mac has to restart!!!(remind me of the new mac advertising making fun of pc!!!)

what is wrong with apple?!do your own thing right instead of making fun of others

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well, it's hard to say exaclty what is wrong not knowing the exact situation and specs of your macbook. but there are troubleshooting steps you can take.

at the very least, make sure you've done a full restart and see if it happens again. if it does, you could try cleaning your caches (have you done this since you got your macbook?) and checking for updates.

try onyx or mainmenu for the cache cleaning.

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks for replying eric,
I got my machine just 4-5 days ago,why should I need to to cache cleaning?
the macbook I got is white intel core2duo 2ghz,1 gb ram,80 gb HDD.
sounds good on paper but considering these problems,it just doesn't work well to me:(

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
installs can be a bit messy. some people always reinstall the OS themselves. i think some simple initial maintenance (mac or windows) is always a good idea. even when i got a new windows machine i would always remove everything i didn't really need and then clean out my temp files and defrag before loading my most critical programs first, defragging again, and then loading secondary programs.

with a mac it doesn't seem that you need to be this meticulous, but it's a good idea to do a little maintenance, especially on a macbook that will probably not be 'awake' at 3am to run it's normal/stock maintenance scripts.

try one of those apps, clean out your old logs and cache files. restart (the first restart will be a bit slower, but it will speed up again after), and see how everything works.

btw, welcome to the forums. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.