need iTunes to point to another server.. need help

Reaction score
I have a Ubuntu server that I plan on making my music box. I would like to have itunes been able to connect to the server and see the songs on the server. I looked at the iTunes Music Library.xml and seen <key>Music Folder</key><string>smb://192.168.0.174/Music</string>

thats what I edited and put the local ip in. Did I do it wrong?

Thanks for the help! :bomb:

Reaction score
Have you tried just going to Preferences, then Advanced, then changing the iTunes Music Folder location there?

OP
J
Reaction score
ok im going to put windows back on the machine... ubuntu is a pain in the ***** since of all the packages when I just want a simple media server...

OP
J
Reaction score
ok I have pc setup with xp and sharing music to my network with itunes. Easy enough! and i'm LOVING it! so nice to have your laptop and jam to some tunes anywhere in the outhouse and outside.

I have a ibook with 20gb hard drive so I didn't want to fill it up with music when I need it for other files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.