installing 2GB of ram into c2d imac 20"?

Reaction score
i just installed two new ram sticks into my imac 20" and I just noticed that there needs to be a bit of force to push the sticks all the way in.

My question is:
1. Is the added force needed to really seat the ram into the computer's memory slots?
2. The levers don't latch down on their own. Instead I had to apply some pressure (moderate) to "click" them down. Once clicked down they didn't stay down but had some spring to it still.

Is that normal or are the levers supposed to be like the PC motherboards where they physically latch down? I made sure the sodimms were completely seated all the way into the slot before even attempting to push the levers down.

Despite the levers not sitting flat on their own (are they even supposed to?) they were still able to eject the sodimms when I pulled them outwards.

When I reseated the ram the second time they did the exact same thing as they did in the first attempt. Click and then sorta sprung back towards outside the case.

The only thing holding the levers down is the memory slot cover.

When booted up the ram does get recognized as 2GB from the 1GB installed before.

Conclusion: What a huge difference on my computer!

I can run amsn, photoshop, iphoto, itunes and entourage without any hiccups.

Reaction score
there like motherbords and yes there supposed to be physically latched down not by u doing it, otherwise ure gonna reck it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.