Need help Setting up internet, not WiFi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook C2D 2GHz 1GB Ram 80GB HD
Hey all, I just got my first Mac today, and have been doing some searching and can't seem to find an answer for this.
I've gone through the network assistant to try to get my connection working but to no avail thus far. I'm just wanting to use my ethernet cable to connect up right now as my airport is not yet here. So far it seems WiFi is much easier than directly connecting with an ethernet cable in OS X.
It shows that my "Built-in Ethernet" is connected but says it may not be able to connect to the internet. I'm using Time Warner...ie Cable. Do i need to call Time Warner to get my DHCP Client ID? I never had to do this before as Windows just set all this up automatically. I've tried a bunch of different settings, but to no avail. I did do a couple of different searches and either it wasn't directly related to what I need or it was for Wireless, which I dont have yet.
Can someone point me in the right direction or give me some pointers? Thanks for any and all help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Sounds like you have a self-assigned IP address. You will likely have to power cycle your setup.

Power Cycle

OP
zeroz52
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook C2D 2GHz 1GB Ram 80GB HD
Yup, that was exactly it, just got off the phone with time warner. She had me cycle power on my modem, then turn on my comp, then I had to click on renew my DHCP. Thanks Devilboy, you must have replied while i was on the phone.

BTW: This is my first post anywhere on my new MacBook!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Glad to see you got it worked out.
Congrats on your new MacBook!
:black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.