Just put in RAM and have problems

Reaction score
Well, I just bought a nice little gig of RAM for my Mac Mini (intel solo), and I put it back together and now a whole plethora of things has happened. For starters, this formerly quiet machine now hums and whirs like there's no tommorrow,neither iDrum nor Logic will open, and iTunes litterally will not play music. What is wrong? :eek:neye: Please help!

Thanks!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
did you check the system profile to see if the RAM is at the right size? if it's not, you may have a bad stick.

OP
U
Reaction score
This is my hardware overview:
Hardware Overview said:
Machine Name: Mac mini
Machine Model: Macmini1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Solo
Processor Speed: 1.5 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 1
Memory: 1.25 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MM11.0055.B08
SMC Version: 1.3f4
Serial Number: G863407QU35
L2 Cache: 2 MB

I originally had half a gig of RAM (512mg) and I took out half of that and replaced it with a gig.

That's all I know...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
"Memory: 1.25 GB"

well that looks right then. you might want to try swapping them, into the opposite slots. if nothing else you'll be reseating them which may help.

also, it still could be bad RAM even if it does show up, it could be causing errors (i wonder if they would show up in the system log?).

OP
U
Reaction score
Oh wow, I totally screwed up on this one... I forgot to plug in a wire in the front... its fine now. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.