Will IE work??

Reaction score
I was wondering: I have a few sites (mostly run by the State) where none of my browsers work, Safari, Sunrise, Opera. Do you think IE5 would or would they just insist I upgrade IE first?? I took IE off because I didn't want it but it is frustrating trying to get in to make changes to my drivers license, etc. If I have to reinstall IE (I believe it is version 5) I will but do not want to do so if it will not work either.

Reaction score
I'm not sure Ie 5.x for mac would work at all. Things have changed so much I just don't think it would work. Heck, it didn't work 3-4 years ago.

M

MacHeadCase

Have you tried Camino? Or OmniWeb?

There a few add-ons you could add to Safari to make the server think you are Internet Exploder like SafariStand or Safari Enhancer. These add a Debug menubar item from which you can choose the user agent you will use to surf. I must admit though that I have had limited success with this scenario...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i've got IE on my macbook - installed itself when comcast came to troubleshoot my cable/digital phone modem. i decided to just leave it on to be ironic. it does work, but i'm not sure what version it is...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
You could always give CrossOver a try and install the MS Windows IE - if all you need is IE and don't need a fullblown install of Windows via Parallels.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.