Okay Boys, Let's Keep This Simple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMAC G4 dual1.25gb RAM,160gb HD,250 external HD,ibook G4, 24"iMacIntelCore2Duo,2gb ram, macmini
Hi Everyone,

I have my 24" imac intel upstairs in my office. I have a surround sound speaker system downstairs hooked up to the tv. Speakers are mounted on walls around the room. I want to be able to listen to my music downstairs. The receiver to the surround sound doesn't recognize CD's or DVD's anymore and what I want to hear is my playlist which is too big for a CD. Can I somehow play music through my computer to the speakers downstairs and how? I have a Logitech Z2300 THX on my computer right now. I really don't understand much techno mumbo jumbo so pretend you are explaining it to your mom.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
OP
soul60s
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMAC G4 dual1.25gb RAM,160gb HD,250 external HD,ibook G4, 24"iMacIntelCore2Duo,2gb ram, macmini
Wow! That was simple to understand! I just need airport express. Great! I will do just that then. Thank you so much. I have Airport Extreme. I take it that is not what I need then, right? I don't know the difference between them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.