• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A professional web designer said my iMovie slideshow was extremely professional...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I apologize that I can't be more specific about this but it's a confidentiality thing. Regardless, I had some photos from a recent expo and I organized them into a slideshow on iMovie. I gave it that effect where it starts out close up and zooms out slightly and I gave it cross-dissolve transitioning and put the slideshow to the song "You belong to me" by Dean Martin, and a professional web designer said it was one of the most professional-looking shows he's ever seen. I didn't let him in on the fact that it only took me 20 minutes to make, I just said "That's the quality that preinstalled Mac programs provide." So a big thumbs up to Apple again for their incredibly simple, incredibly professional iMovie software. Once we get our website up and running I'll provide a link to the show if anyone wants to see it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Nice! I'd love to see it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
looking forward to seeing it :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Can't hardly wait to see it. Thanks for sharing that, I haven't even used my iMovie yet, but this is encouraging. Glad you were so successful in producing a quality show and I'm sure it had something to do with your talent ... combined with Apple ;>)

Reaction score
Apple provides tools for creative people. Not everyone and anyone is capable of making good stuff with the iApps. It's just good to have the right tools that make it easy to realize your ideas.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.