Mac OS X won't boot anymore

Reaction score
While updating my OS X Tiger to 10.4.9 on my external hdd, the hdd lost connection. Now my OS X won't boot anymore. How can I restore my system?
I scanned the partition table and there were no errors.
While booting, pressing v to see what happens doesn't work :s
any suggestions?

Thanks

J

jamesx

when my macbook would not boot, they had me boot from the install disk 1 and do an "archive install" i think it was called. it took about 2 hours and i did not lose any data and it fixed the problem. just for reference, it would not boot after i updated to 10.4.9. after i did the archive install, i updated and it worked fine and no problems sense then. i am actually not really sure what an archive install is, but it worked....yoy can always call apple, their tech was one of the best i have ever had to deal with. i was impressed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
you had trouble with 10.4.9 too? I haven't installed it because I've heard of some nasty crashes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Not a hardware issue. Moved to appropriate software forum.

J

jamesx

i had that 1 issue, and then after i fixed the computer, i downloaded it agian and it has worked fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
you had trouble with 10.4.9 too? I haven't installed it because I've heard of some nasty crashes.

Mine also crashed badly
My story

Dont run any apps while installing
im sticking with 10.4.8 for now

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.