Dual Cinema Displays on PowerMac G5

tkl

Reaction score
I'm trying to hook up 2 - 20" Acrylic Cinema Displays to a PowerMac G5 with nVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 card. The problem is the connectors on the monitor cables are slightly to thick and I can't align them to the connectors on the card. There's no problem with the new displays, there connectors are more streamlined. Has anyone run into this? I'm hoping to find a short monitor extension cable that has a slimmer case. Any other ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Older Cinema Displays used ADC connectors, not VGA or DVI. Could this be the problem?

OP
T

tkl

Reaction score
I should have stated in the original post that I'm using the correct adapter. One at a time they will connect and work. If I try to hook them both up the size of the outer shell on the cable connector makes it physically impossible to fit both onto the card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Per your thought, I would recommend going out and buying some short cable extenders, where the plugs at each end are thinner. I have bought cables at CablesToGo in the past, and they seem a good source. See http://www.cablestogo.com.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.