Need Safari Help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM
How can I open a page that can only be viewed using IE 6? I saw some where that you could put a type of plugin to Safari that would fool the website into thinking it was not using Safari... Thanks in advance if you can help me out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What is the URL?
Not all pages that are specifically designed for IE6 can be displayed in Safari, even wtih plugins and the like.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
agreed, I have lately been on pages that even on XP SP2 on a PC with the latest Firefox will still not work and need IE.

OP
DarkRaven24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM
www.coursecompass.com thats the website. I copied this from the website With these operating systems:
You can use these browsers: Internet Explorer 6.0/7.0 (Netscape, Firefox, AOL, and other browsers not supported).
Windows 2000, XP

Mac and Linux not supported

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Works for me too - no errors in Safari. But perhaps there are ActiveX controls buried in sub pages?

M

MacHeadCase

No problems here either on the first three pages. Maybe like mac57 says, it's deeper in the navigation though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20030110063041629

That will show you how to enable the debug menu item in Safari. In that manu item, you can select a user agent to have Safari use to make webpages think it's not Safari. One of them is Windows MSIE 6.0. If the website is being annoyed just because of your choice of browser, just turn that on and you should be fine.

Of course, if it turns out the site works without doing that anyway, you should be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
hmmm I didn't have any problems either I don't see why you would be having problems, according to they're requirements page for the courses it supports Mac/Safari doesn't make sense...

kibjiib.jpg

M

MacHeadCase

Discerptor has excellent advice. But if the idea of having to open and type in Terminal gives you the heebie jeebies, maybe you could instead download and install an add-on that would do this for you.

There are a ton that will do this but only to name two you can either use SafariStand or Safari Enhancer.

Just make sure you have the right Safari version and that your Mac meets the OS requirements. :girl:

This is only if you want to have an add-on. If it's for the website you were talking about, it seems to be working for us.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.