• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

MS Office query

Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows of any microsoft emulators I could dowload and use?
I do not really want to go out any by MS Office again just because I have a mac. So I thought I could use what I have got for my PC on my Mac by using some kind of emulator.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this thread. I am new to mac's so any help would be fantastic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Cor 2 Duo 2G Ram/ 80GB HD White with SuperDrive
You could purchase Parallels, but you need a valid copy of WinXP to run on it so you can use office.

Have you looked into Open Office? I don't use it personally, but it is free and it is similar to MS Office in look and feel from what I have heard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You could try out NeoOffice (http://download.neooffice.org/neojava/en/index.php). This is a native Mac port of the excellent OpenOffice.Org office suite, which reads and writes Microsoft Office compatible files, as well has its own much more compact format.

If you are really stuck on using MS-Office, and you have a PPC Mac (G3/G4/G5) you wish to consider getting Microsoft's Virtual PC, which will then run your existing stuff, albeit a bit slowly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.