Mac Mail / Entourage IMAP problem.....

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a strange issue at the moment with Mac Mail and Entourage using a .Mac account. For some unknown reason when receiving emails they are delivered to the inbox as norm but after a second the emails are sent straight to trash / deleted items - I have checked if there are rules in place, there are none. I have setup the .Mac IMAP account on a different mac and it works fine. Anyone have any ideas? Any suggestions would be grateful

Thanks,
Grant

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Is this true for either of MacMail or Entourage? No matter which one is used, the incoming message is moved to trash?

This would imply that .Mac is flagging the message as Spam or Junk. I don't have a .Mac account so I don't know if it has the capability, but most such systems do. Is there a way to check for this and disable it if set?

OP
G
Reaction score
Yes exactly that, regardless of what program is used, the message is sent to trash / deleted items. There is no AV / Anti Spam software installed on the mac. I'm scratching my head for ideas!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
OK, if it is consistent across mail agents, it is not your specific mail agent. Instead, it is something related to the messages themselves. That is what led me to suggest that the mail server for your .Mac account may be flagging the messages as junk for some reason. Most mail agents react to this, perhaps causing what you are seeing.

Does this problem effect ALL messages, or just some?

Can you check and disable any kind of mail filtering that your .Mac account may have? I am still suspicious of this...

OP
G
Reaction score
As far as I can see there are no settings on the .Mac mail page that flags messages as spam. All messages are moved to deleted items / trash regardless of content etc. What confuses me is that when I setup the same .Mac account on a different mac, it works fine. It seems like its just machine specific - A weird one!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.