Wireless Mighty Mouse battery

Reaction score
I have had a Wireless Mighty Mouse for 2 and a half months now and the batteries (which it came with) are now totally flat. Is that normal? I was expecting them to last far longer than that! How about you guys?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
CLICK!

Although Apple offers no official estimate of battery life, the product manager says two batteries should last well over a month with normal usage, thanks to intelligent power management that conserves energy when the mouse is idle. There’s also an on/off switch on the underside to ensure the mouse isn't inadvertently activated when tossed into a portable bag.

Sounds to me that two and a half months isn't bad going...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Wow! I am using a Logitech S530 wireless keyboard/mouse combo. I installed it when I got my Mac about 10 months. I have only JUST had to replace the first set of batteries! Looks like Logitech does a standout job here - 10 months for theirs vs. 1 to 2 months for Apple's. What a difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
I've had my might mouse since sept and have just had to replace the batteries! Make sure you slide the switch to the off position when you're not using it. I've found that helps a great deal in conservation

Reaction score
Batteries...? Go to Costco and get the Super Sized package. With any wireless mouse you're gonna need a buncha of 'em. Life.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.