Final Fantasy XI Benchmark

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm looking at getting a 13.3" Macbook in the next few months with the following specs:

-2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
-2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
-120GB Serial ATA drive @ 5400 rpm
-Intel GMA 950 graphics processor with 64MB of DDR2 SDRAM

I was curious about running Final Fantasy XI on Boot Camp. My only concern is about the video card--my gut tells me it will not be able to run FFXI. However, according to the Intel website, FFXI is usable with this card:

http://www.intel.com/support/gr...-021400.htm

With a little digging I found out that the 945GM Express Chipset Family includes the GMA 950. So, my questions are:

1) Are there any Macbook users out there with this card and similar specs that run FFXI on Boot Camp or Parallels? If so, how does it run? Have you encountered any problems?

And if not...

2) Are there any people that own a Macbook with these specifications that would be willing to download the Benchmark from the FFXI website (http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/benchmark01.html?pageID=media), run it in Boor Camp or Parallels (or both!) and let me know if it works/how high your bench score is?

Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

OP
FireEyedBoy
Reaction score
Bumping this a few weeks after the fact in hopes that someone could help me out by running the Benchmark in XP Boot Camp.

Thanks again.

Reaction score
I would ask this question on a PC or FFXI forum, just see if anyone is running FFXI on a PC with the GMA 950 and that will answer your question. If you are running BootCamp it will perform just like a PC of similar specs.

If I remember correctly from when I played that game for like a week, the graphics weren' that impressive. I doubt you will have trouble with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.