No cables rom Apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It's not just an Apple thing, but rather a common trend among various manufacturers, most probably as a cost-cutting measure.

Just look at the PS3 and Wii, both provide only the most basic composite cables when you should be using at the very least component cables, if not HDMI (for the PS3). I'm actually quite amazed that Microsoft included component cables with the Xbox 360 since its competitors are doing its customers no such favors. I guess that's why I have a 360 and not a PS3 :black:

OP
Mattlike
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
It's not just an Apple thing, but rather a common trend among various manufacturers, most probably as a cost-cutting measure.

Just look at the PS3 and Wii, both provide only the most basic composite cables when you should be using at the very least component cables, if not HDMI (for the PS3). I'm actually quite amazed that Microsoft included component cables with the Xbox 360 since its competitors are doing its customers no such favors. I guess that's why I have a 360 and not a PS3 :black:

True enough, but Sony defnitely shoulda thrown in an HDMI cable for free!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
HP started this years ago, when computers started coming with USB and Parallel ports.
Rather than spend the money on providing both cables for the user, they left it up to the end users.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.