Runing windows xp on a mini mac

Reaction score
Hello im new to this forum and im looking at buying a intel mini mac. The only trouble is i run some programs that won't work on mac osx, my qustion is if i use bootcamp will the mac run windows fast. By that i mean its not like a emulator were as it could run slow from what ive heard. Thanks for any help great forum cheers simon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Parallels is the emulator program, whereas Boot Camp will run Win XP natively on the Mac's hardware, so it's just like running Windows on a PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Alexis nailed it right on the head :black:

Parallels is the emulation you're thinking about. Even then, it doesn't run slowly as it runs at near native speed (somewhere around 95% or perhaps higher with the latest builds).

Boot Camp is the program that lets you install Windows as though you were installing it on any other PC. So when you load Windows via Boot Camp, it will run just as fast as any PC with the same specifications as the Mac Mini you're looking at.

May I ask which programs won't run on a Mac? Perhaps we can recommend alternatives or even find a Mac version of your software ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Moved to proper forum

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.