Wireless/Drivers Issues with Bootcamp (HELP!)

Reaction score
Hello,

I am running a 17" MacBook Pro. Yesterday I purchased Windows XP Professional. I experimented with both BootCamp and Parallels and after having read about many issues with both, I realized that I need to run BootCamp if I want to run 3D games (Counter-Strike: Source).

I installed everything perfectly for XP in BootCamp. When I start up in Windows, everything runs smoothly, until I try to go online.

I am on a wireless internet in the college house that I live in. When I run parallels or OSX, I get wireless perfectly.

When I go into the Device Manager in BootCamp, there are issues with the ethernet controller, pci device, etc., etc.

I just need to know which Network Adapters I need to install...I think????

PLEASE HELP!!!!! I remember why I switched to OSX!

OP
A
Reaction score
Wow, I finally figured it out and it was as simple as carefully reading the Boot Camp instructions. Funny how that works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Lemme guess, you forgot to install the drivers? ;)

Reaction score
how ?? HElppp p pleaseee

Lemme guess, you forgot to install the drivers? ;)
well how do you install them becasue i got a macbook and ive done the partition and installed windows 7, its all working fine but it wont let me select my wireless point, it says the driver is not installed and it wont let me as it wotn let me connect to the internet coz ive tried through ethernet aswell. my audio also does not work, but im sure il be able to fix that if i be able to fix my wireless driver, because i dont know how to install it, it wotn let me ive tried update but it wont let me i do not know why ?

Any helppp Pleaaseee !!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just insert your Snow Leopard or Leopard DVD (whichever you have) while Windows 7 is running. The drivers will be installed automatically. Once they're installed, you can go to the Apple web site and download any updates for Boot Camp. You likewise do that from Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.