• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My PowerBook is dead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Hey Mac-Forums.

I'm in need of a little comfort. My PowerBook officially kicked the bucket.

At first, the logic board needed to be replaced due to it's PMU becoming unusable. The charging was intermittant. Meh, I could probably sell it.

Now, it's officially kicked the bucket. Both of the bidders retracted (eBay) their bids. and my dad was going to get me a new box for packaging it. figured, eh, why not use it while people are bidding.

*turns on PowerBook*

I get a quick flash of the folder with question mark and the mac guy, then boots up. I was unhappy to see preparing installation. I ejected the disk and rebooted... I get the question mark and mac guy with the folder.I shut it off. Start up, holding down option. Where'd my hard drive go??? I can hear it turned on but the logic board's not detecting it! I'm unhappy. It keps doing this.

:( My PowerBook's logic board is now in the bit bucket in the sky.

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yay! My PowerBook is fixed! I re-installed Mac OS X.

Still has to go in for service at the Apple Store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
Close call. When I got my iBook last summer I thought it was dead. It worked the first time I booted it. Then next time it would boot and hang when I clicked on something. Then I got nothing but Kernal Panics or it just would hang at the apple logo.

I had to wait for the guy to send me the OS Disks. I reloaded and its still working. The sound went out though after a couple months though...

Oh well, I got my PowerMac for all my music and GarageBand needs. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
Hope theres nothing bad on it :p
glad 2 hear its working again

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Darn. I canceled my eBay auction. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.