MacBook for playing games

Reaction score
Hi,

thinking of getting a macbook. wanted to play couple of games like:

• diablo II
  • Heroes of Might and Magic V
  • Knights of the Old Republic

is the integrated graphics card enough for these games?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHz C2D 1GBRAM 120GBHDD Red Apple Logo. :)
I should be enough for a playable experience, keep in mind that it will not be the graphics you are used to if you have played those games on a machine with a dedicated video card.

Also-- make sure that these games are Intel native, otherwise no amount of GPU power or ram can really save you... Rosetta can make even the simplest program lag your computer.

I believe Diablo and WoW are both made by blizzard and I play wow for hours on end on my Blackbook... Pretty decent performance, if not a bit slow at some points in time (High traffic areas/multiple spell effects).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
Hello! Just to put my two cents in, I run the specs you see to the left. I dual boot to windows and play games like Half Life 2, Flatout 2, Path of Neo, Garrys Mod (for HL2) CounterStrike, and many many others with no problem at all. Half Life 2 runs on highest graphics and very very rarely lags. Flatout 2 is flawless on highest graphics. I think people underestimate the power of the integrated graphics. Granted, you're probably not going to get F.E.A.R or anything like that on there, but there are alot of games out there that will run just fine. :) Have fun!

Trent out

OP
B
Reaction score
Hello! Just to put my two cents in, I run the specs you see to the left. I dual boot to windows and play games like Half Life 2, Flatout 2, Path of Neo, Garrys Mod (for HL2) CounterStrike, and many many others with no problem at all. Half Life 2 runs on highest graphics and very very rarely lags. Flatout 2 is flawless on highest graphics. I think people underestimate the power of the integrated graphics. Granted, you're probably not going to get F.E.A.R or anything like that on there, but there are alot of games out there that will run just fine. :) Have fun!

Trent out

what about the three specific games i wrote about? will they work?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.