Buying a digital camera

Reaction score
I want to buy a decent digital camera thats really small and compact. I was wondering if any of you have any cameras you love or hate to help aid my choice. I dont want to spend over $250 and hopefully get more that 6 megapixels,

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
DCResource has a buyers guide with complete reviews of his recommended cameras. I'd recommend playing with some at a store before purchasing.

Reaction score
In any case, I would look only at Canon cameras. They are absolutely killer on features but have the style and compactness of Sony Cybershots.

I personally have a Canon IXUS 50 for my pocket, the latest IXUS is IXUS 60 I believe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB
I have a Canon PowerShot SD 700 IS and I love it. It has 6 megapixels and the IS feature really does make a difference. The camera takes beautiful crisp photos and is small and easy to carry. My son actually lost it while snowboarding, someone turned it in, and it still works great.

If you're looking for more mp, the powershot line also has the SD800IS and the SD900 - I think now there is also a SD1000. The 800 has the image stabilize and I believe is 7 or 8 mp. The SD900 has more mp but doesn't have the IS.

Go to canonusa.com and use the compare feature to look at the different models and choose one.

Reaction score
I've got a Sony Cybershot DSC-W70. Not sure if it's in your price range but the photos are amazing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
I agree with Yogi. Canon digital cameras are just fantastic. I had the Canon G5 for a few years - 5mp and took great pics. I recently upgraded to the Canon Rebel Xi DSLR. Canon just makes great cameras!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Also look at DPReview (www.dpreview.com). They do excellent digicam reviews, and have them for a very large number of models.

Reaction score
dprview is a great site. i own a canon powershot a510 and its a great camera. unless you will want to make huge prints or zoom in to see great detail on your pics the megapixel should not be your main concern. make sure the camera has many manual functions that will let you be more creative.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.