nothing will save to hd

P

PC HATER

Ok if you heard before every problem in the **** book had happened to my ibook. Well now nothing will save to the hd. IT wont download I cant save anything in appleworks keynote andything. It wont ripp cd's. absolutley nothing that has to do with saving to the hd wont work. That is so terrible I am so **** frustrated. Every application is slowley not being able to open. One by one they wont open I am losing every application one by one it is driving me crazy when i lose explorer I am lost. I think I am just going to crash the god **** thing so i can replace it. What is the point of a computer that cant save to the hd it is useless, and cant open application. about the only **** thing that i can do is turn it on. If you read my other thread, you would know that is where my problems begin. But they are ending since i cant open any applications so what is the point. Can anyone help me?(sorry about the language, but I am so pissed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
try repair permissions. After every software update, and about every 2 weeks: close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, varify permissions, repair permissions. Click repair permissions.

OP
P

PC HATER

Thank you so much for the help, but, oh god here comes the but. IT is the schools computer so I cant do that it is all administer blocked so it is just *****ed. I thank you for your help though, is there anything else besides repair permisions, that does not requir administer permision, thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Those idiots! :rolleyes: THERE is no way repair pemissions can do harm! It should never have been made Admin only! Morons! That's like disallowing a guest in your home from defragging your doz box! You - I guess - have to tell them that!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Reboot the computer
as soon as it starts to boot up hold down Apple + S
Once single user mode is done loading type in

/sbin/fsck -f and hit enter
it looks like it should repair somethings. If it does repair run the test again to make sure it says OK

when its done type in reboot and it will start up the computer again (it might be restart I always get the confused)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I should have mentioned that - a very good idea. One thing to remember is to repeat that command until the dislpay does NOT read ****File System Changed****

OP
P

PC HATER

Thank you guys, I hope this brings relief, Im going to give that a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.