too hot hottie is driving me insane..

Reaction score
Never thought I will do anything similar, write a letter of despair out to everybody and/ or/ not anybody, (should I not write the following word, but I must) OUT THERE.. Not with Apple's product, at least, I thought not... not because they don't go bad, but for their known problem solving routines..
I'm a bit of a religious man, one might realize..
Some ten years ago I have made myself happy with a G3 Powerbook, which I still own and, yes, from time to time- use.. Now stop that.. It runs Photoshop seven just fine, and writing in good old Nissus under the "real" classic environment is just something I really need.. Warned you I am a bit of a religious fanatic..
You just could not visualize the joy which hit me when I saw it on the Apple's website for the first time (accidentally- I had no clue from anywhere that it is coming, thou I have predicted it following the black iPod, and yes- prayed a bit for it) a BLACK laptop by Apple!
I was "wise" enough not to jump and buy it until the Core2 version, I need all the CPU power I can get (use a lot of modeling/ rendering software), but when it did...
I didn't really care that the machine is on the lower edge of performance acceptability, it WAS the heir to my good but (just too) old G3PB.. And it made me happy, again almost a decade after, just as much.. Sure there were others in between, but nothing can match a white apple on a black surface..
It was a harmony and the harmony for about 3 months...
Then, out of nowhere, without any warning- RSS!! but I didn't know that was it's name, or that "it" had a name, neither that it was a common thing..
I just recently (this very night) found out that (it doesn't get much more pathetic than this, does it?) I AM NOT ALONE..
A rush of relieve, just to be replaced by an even worse painful contraction when I found out that: THERE IS NO SOLUTION (???)
Firmware update, but not for v2, unnecessary logicboard transplanting that might or might not change the situation, and take 2 weeks..
The heat issues attracted most of my attention so now I'm testing the smcFanControl app, running the fans about 3600rpm, and T 'round 57 Celsius (under 60), but it just IS NOT a solution.. Neither is the civil law-suit, not for Europeans at least..
I don't want a replacement, my money back or justice done.. Just want my MBlack2 to work not better, but work.
If anybody has anything to suggest, please, you're more than welcome..
I just can not believe still that such a huge and mass-recognized problem has not been properly addressed and/ or intercepted by Apple or a capable third party..
My faith is strong, but I am in grieve..
God bless you all out there!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Sounds like things aren't working for you? What about RSS??? Too hot? Is it new and do you have AppleCare? Did it only last 3 months? I'm confused! Btw...welcome to Mac-forums. Maybe someone can help you here but I'm thinking you needed to rant which is okay too. However, if you're asking for help, could you be more specific? (Gosh! You have me rambling!!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" c2d MBP/airprt extreme/ 500gb ext HD/TVmicro tuner/notepal coolmaster
i have no idea what that dude is saying! must be on too much caffeine

Reaction score
For the past ten years I have been quite happy with my G3 Powerbook
Recently I discovered on Apple's website a BLACK laptop!
When the Core 2 Duo was released, I bought one as I need all the CPU power I can get (use a lot of modeling/ rendering software).
I didn't really care that the machine is on the lower edge of performance acceptability, it was the heir to my good old G3PB.. and I was happy again.
Things went well for about 3 months, then, out of nowhere, without any warning- RSS!! I just recently found out that I AM NOT ALONE..
Then I found out that: THERE IS NO SOLUTION other than a Firmware update, but not for v2, or a replacement logicboard. The heat issues attracted most of my attention so now I'm testing the smcFanControl app, running the fans about 3600rpm, and T 'round 57 Celsius (under 60), but it just IS NOT a solution.. I don't want a replacement, my money back or justice done.. Just want my MBlack2 to be trouble free. If anybody has anything to suggest, please, you're more than welcome..

G'day kanardo & welcome to Mac-Forums.

I edited your original post as it was slightly confusing at first and it will help others to offer you their advice on your situation.

Really, I think if your mac is still under warranty you need to talk to your nearest AppleStore and have faith in the fact that they are best suited to tackling the issues you have raised. I would leave it with them or follow any advice they offer either instore or over the phone. Another option is to give Apple a call ...

As to your RSS issue ... I honestly haven't a clue about that one .... sorry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.