SOS with wma files

Reaction score
Hello guys...

Sorry for this stupid question but I can't figure it out and I;m about jumping out the window throwing my mac first. Sometimes there're WMA audio files on internet that I would like to listen but I cant get to it, when opens the dialog window asking the app to use I select itunes but doesnt work ... so I cant hear anything. Which application I should select? Is there any option that i can select in order to make the system pick the right app to the file to be open (like in Windows)?...

Please help!:eek:

THANKS!

Reaction score
You need to download — if you haven't — the free Flip4Mac that plays Windows Media files through the QuickTime player.

Then click on a WMA file and go to Get Info. Go to "Open with," and change it to WMV player, then click on the Change All button.

This should change (eventually) all the Windows Media file icons that might be on your drive into QuickTime icons, and the QuickTime Flip4Mac plugin will play them (unless the Windows Media files are "corrupted" with Microsoft's DRM software that only a Windows machine is allowed to unscramble).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.