Internal Hard Drive questions

Reaction score
I just purchased a macpro desktop and need to know what are my best options for buying a 500 gig or 750 gig internal hard drive. I have researched a little and found cheap Seagate and Hitachi hard drives, does anyone have any experience with these in their macpros?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.66gHz, 5gb RAM
I bought three 500gb SATA2 drives for my MacPro for $130 each and couldn't be more pleased. I avoid Western Digital after two failed me early on. I bought a Seagate and two Maxtor drives (same company) due to their reputation and price.

They were all plug-n-play with no problems whatsoever. I opted to pair two of them as mirrored RAID for our photoshop files.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hard drives

Where did you buy your drives from? That sounds like a great price..

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
newegg.com is always a good place for hardware and if not the best in price, they're always pretty close

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2008 Mac Pro - 500 GB HD - 6 GB Ram
While I haven't owned a Seagate hard drive in about 15 years, I hear they have the longest warranty at 5 years.

When the time comes for me to buy a hard drive in the future Seagate will be on my short list to consider.

Reaction score
i am running four 400 seagates and two raptors in mine all managed with softraid. everything is running cherry.

i have been using WD's for a long time with no problems whatsoever. i was unaware that so many people have been having WD woes, and a mac guru friend of mine suggested i give the barracudas a try. but i decided to also keep the raptors to boot off of. so far so good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.