Airport extreme update 2007-002

Reaction score
I upgraded to an iMac 20 (from a PC) last month and from day one I have had problems connecting to my Netgear wireless router. The problem seemed to be that the connectivity status of AirPort never seemed to get above 50% but since I downloaded and installed the latest Airport extreme update today connectivity is now up around 70-80%.

Also along with the apparent increase in signal strength my download speed has also increased from about half a meg to nearly 2 meg.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this or can offer some kind of explanation.

Reaction score
I was having problems with my airport connection(pages kept hanging)and reverted back to an ethernet cable.

I've been trying airport again now since installing the update and it seems to be working fine now.

I didnt actually check the signal strengh originally but looking now since the update,I'm getting the full 15 bars.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.