shutdown menu?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme
I recently purchased a wired mighty mouse and ever since then when I push ctrl + eject nothing happens. How do I get my shutdown/restart/sleep menu back? I used it all the time.

I just ran maintenance 3.6 and I've restarted several times since then.

Also, I can definetly confirm that the menu worked prior to the install, because that's how I restarted the computer when I immediatly finished the install. It's been gone since the restart.

Thanks,
--
MacGuy18

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did you also install the 10.4.9 update? That causes a slight delay in the Eject Key. Seems also to cause the same delay in CTRL-Eject for the Shutdown menu. Try holding the keys 1-2 seconds and see if the menu pops up. Does here.

If that does not help, let me know. I will do some more looking around for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
I like the delayed eject key action, sometimes I do miss the delete or F12 key and it's just a bother if I have a disk inserted. A good call by Apple if I do say so myself.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme
Wow...that was all it took. Thanks a lot. I kinda like that a little better.

I do remember doing the 10.4.9 update then too.

Reaction score
To put my iMac to sleep I just had to tap the Command+spacebar+eject key and it would go straight to sleep but since the 10.4.9 update I have to hold the eject key for a few secs for sleep to happen.

M

MacHeadCase

Yeah someone in the 10.4.9 thread said that Apple put a delay with the Eject key action. Dunno why though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I think it's because on the notebooks it's easy to hit the eject key by accident when trying to do a backspace.

M

MacHeadCase

Makes plenty of sense. I don't have a laptop, we have an iBook here but I'm not the one using it and I can't get over how small and cramped the keyboard feels like to me!

I use it only when we go camping and I have 50 bijillion photos to download off of my CF cards at night. I always need a crash course on where the keys are! LOL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.