Powerbook always seems to be loading something....

S

StarManta

.....even when there seems to be nothing for it to be loading.
Is there any way I can figure out what process is reading/writing how much, so I can kill the offending program?

OP
T

TylerMoney

open up activity monitor under utilities...is something is working, that should show you what's eating up processes. Or you could go into terminal, and type top, that'll also show you whats going on.

OP
S

StarManta

I don't need what's taking up the processor, I need what's using the hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
I have the same question. I notice in the Library>Receipts folder there are tons of install packages for software I installed.

Can these files be removed safely? They seem to take up tons of space.

Any other folders we ca safely clean out to make more room?

Jerry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Go in Finder - applications -utilities -terminal and type top -there you see what's running. from there you can kill what you don't want running kill (PID) process ID. kill PID -9 for make it absolute :)

OP
S

StarManta

Well, Repair Permissions and a restart seems to have fixed whatever it was... I'll keep that in mind next time it starts acting up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Very glad to hear that! :) ;) :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.