MSN Messenger Emoticons

Reaction score
Does any know how to create your own emoticons and have them show up large enough that people can see them. I have some that show up huge in your msg window, but anytime i have created my own by using an image or whatever, it shows up very small and no one can tell what it is.

any programs that do this? or any tips?

thanks guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
try photoshop and make the image as large as possible
and save to web which will make the file size as small as possible

I presume you know how to add them?

Emoticon sign

More

Add

Select

assign key

click okay

Reaction score
hmm? that doesnt seem to answer the question, but thanks for the meaninful post.
Look man most everything M$ touches is a problem or needs a work around. I asked a question a few weeks ago about getting one of those emotiocons out of MSN and nobody had a friggin' clue. M$ at it again. They make everything difficult.

But yeah you're welcome for the meaningful answer to your question.
rolleyes.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
try photoshop and make the image as large as possible
and save to web which will make the file size as small as possible

I presume you know how to add them?

Emoticon sign

More

Add

Select

assign key

click okay

ah, didn't know you could add them like that. But I haven't used MSN in months. Adium rules over my hotmail account now.

You probably wouldn't want to make the image 'as large as possible'. I'd say emoticons shouldn't be any larger than the ones here at Mac-Forums. Any larger, and I think they'd get annoying. Like those ridiculous talking emoticons appearing in banners. That's just excessive.

Anyway, you're spot on about the process. Photoshop for still ones, and Imageready for animated ones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.