Symantec Ghost in parallels

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to OS X and just recently bought a Macbook. I installed parallels because I do a lot of "side jobs" and all of my customers are Windows based. What I need to do is use Symantec Ghost to create images or dump images to user's machines. I installed Windows 2003 in parallels and attempted to create an image of a Windows XP machine. It was on the same subnet as my Mac\Server, I could ping the machine I was trying to image, and could ping the server. When I boot up into ghost on the xp machine it says it cant find the ghost server. I turned off the firewalls on the server and xp machine, but this did not resolve my problem. I'm guessing that the OS X firewall may be blocking the ports ghost needs? Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue? Is anyone doing the same thing? Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated.

Mobi

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.