When did you get your iBook?

T

Tune280

I got mine about 3 weeks ago now really do like it :)

When did you get yours ?

OP
S

sirlan

Tune280 said:
I got mine about 3 weeks ago now really do like it :)

When did you get yours ?

Last Sunday. My old P2-266 finally died on me so I went to check out my options and brought it home with me. Since then, I've already spent $200 in upgrades (max out ram and a 512 MB jump drive). I'm just hoping I don't spend any more tomorrow at a mac workshop at CompUSA.

OP
T

TylerMoney

Well, I didn't get an iBook, though I do read the iBook forums, cause friends of mine have iBooks. But I did get a powerbook in dec. Good times.....I like the iBooks....I almost got one...and then my grandma gave me some money...so I went for the powerbook.

OP
K

KLank

Why would you like the iBook more than the PowerBook? Just the way it looks or do you have some other reason?

Also, I don't have an iBook either, but I got my PowerBook 2 weeks ago.

OP
S

sirlan

Tune280 said:
How much did your iBook cost you by the way ?

It cost me a little over $1900 total but I got .Mac and Applecare to go with it. Without those, it probably would've cost a little over $1600.

OP
N

nr-media

I got mine 2 weeks ago. The Edu Discount is pretty sweet! I maxxed out the RAM, upgraded the HD, and got the Airport card for a lil over $1300. I looked at my PC options and they were $500-up more than the iBook :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Tune280 said:
cool im glad theres so many iBook users to talk with.

I've had mine since early August, and I couldn't be happier.

OP
T

trenollet

I bought my 12" used at the end of Feb. and the 14" 2 weeks later. Couldn't be happier, except of course if they were PB's. I paid just over $1400 for the 14" with the airport extreme card and maxed memory. The 12" was $600 with airport and 384 MB of memory, I think it is about a year old.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.