Will Photoshop and Premier work?

Reaction score
I've used Photoshop Elements 3.0 and Premier 1.0 on my windows computer, will they work on a Mac? Or is a different format needed?

Thanks

M

MacHeadCase

Hi dirty1thirdee! I don't know who mentioned this somewhere here but it seems Adobe has a cross-platofrm exchange program for certain applications so you could actually run them on the Mac instead.

I know that Adobe had dropped Mac development for Premiere a few years ago when Apple announced Final Cut but Adobe announced recently Premiere for Mac is making a comeback.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
As a general rule of thumb pc apps wont have universal disks
only in a few exceptions, games such as a WOW
and most apps are .exe

hope this helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Be aware that the current software you have will not work.

Apple Macs require Apple Mac software.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks. In that case, I'll just get a new copy of PS and Premiere, or instead of Premiere I might try Final Cut. How does it compare?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Thanks. In that case, I'll just get a new copy of PS and Premiere, or instead of Premiere I might try Final Cut. How does it compare?
Well, that is a very expensive alternative. I have used both and I prefer Final Cut Pro.
Still, if you already have Adobe Premier, then you may want to consider sticking with Windows for that. Same goes for how much other software you have that is Windows only.
Switching could end up being quite and expensive time for you. :black:

OP
D
Reaction score
My windows machine is waaaaaaaaay too slow to run Premiere. It is choppy, crashes all the time, etc, so I am going to have to get a video editing program for my mac.

M

mike187fs

Final cut express

Whn I bought my iMac I was able to buy final cut express (probally all you need) for a large discount. GREAT product.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.