I'm about to switch to a iMac...

Reaction score
I am 16 years old and I want to start posting videos on YouTube. It seems most people on YouTube ie. William Sledd use iMacs and there videos look great. Seeing as how I will be paying for this myself I will be getting the 17-inch iMac. Does anyone have suggestions for me? Also does the iSight camera installed make videos good enough for Youtube videos? I currently have a PC laptop and I am sick of pcs lol. Now that BestBuy sells iMacs it's easy for me to get one. Well any tips or suggestions will be very helpful.
Aj

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Well depends what kind of Tips you need really, are you looking for good software, good equipment, what?

You say YouTube Videos what kind of videos are they? Video Podcasts?

OP
A
Reaction score
Well depends what kind of Tips you need really, are you looking for good software, good equipment, what?

You say YouTube Videos what kind of videos are they? Video Podcasts?

I wanted tips on lighting techniques and good equipment in general. I am just going to have video blogs. Basically talking about everyday life. Like William Sledd's videos I suppose. Also is the built in camera good enough for general videos?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
i think the video quality is good but it could be better, it is good though. Remember that something that small can only do so well, once again it does take good video. It will be enough for what you need though. No extra apps needed, it just works remember? You will be good to go right out of the box.

M

MacHeadCase

With a bit of searching I'm sure you could find an equivalent for OS X. Not much Windoze can do that the Mac can't.

Reaction score
Wow, buying a computer just to make YouTube videos seems a bit obtuse...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
You should always tell people others things you plan to do with it, one reason is all you said to begin with so it seemed silly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.