Gigabit battery life

B

bnw

I did a search trying to see if there is anything I can do to get a bit more life out of my battery. I fully charged battery lasts about an hour or so now. Give or take.

I know this means the battery is on its last leg. But what I want to know is, is there anything I can do to bring the battery back to life a little?

Let is fully discharge? Then recharge? zap the pram? Anything at all?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You can try to reset the power manager.

To reset the Power Manager hold down Shift, Option, Control and Power at the same time. Wait 5 seconds. Then click on the Power button again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Running the battery all the way down may help. My bro is doing that on the iBook we just got for his G/F

OP
S

StarManta

witeshark said:
Running the battery all the way down may help. My bro is doing that on the iBook we just got for his G/F

Ah, what a chore that must be.... using up an iBook's battery.... hehe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
I've heard taking the battery out and putting it in the freezer overnight sometimes helps.

OP
B

bnw

The odd thing is that today I did run it down till it went to sleep and when it got to 1% it said its running on reserve and said it had like 3 minutes left. Then it went on to work for another 15 minutes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I am always impressed with Apple hardware quality! :D

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
bnw said:
The odd thing is that today I did run it down till it went to sleep and when it got to 1% it said its running on reserve and said it had like 3 minutes left. Then it went on to work for another 15 minutes

I hope you plug it in when it went to sleep. That is for saving the condition the laptop is in. If you continue to run it, you take the change that the battery may not completely charge up.

OP
K

KLank

muso said:
I've heard taking the battery out and putting it in the freezer overnight sometimes helps.

Come on April fools was yesterday. Although I don't think it would hurt (as long as the battery was removed from the laptop before it was put in the freezer). :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.