two weird sounds?

Reaction score
I'm a new mac user and i keep getting two weird beeps, well not really beeps, they could be described as dops or donks. Not sure why this is happening, they happen right after each other, kinda ,donk, donk every like 30 min or so.

HELP me, its driving me insane

Thanks

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
does it sound like it could be coming from the hard drive or optical drive, or is it definitely the speakers. also, do you have a tower, imac, or notebook model?

OP
B
Reaction score
It's defiantly coming from the speakers, sound like a application sound. I have a new imac

Its two sounds right after each other.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
do you know what apps you've got running at the time.

also, if you restart and leave it alone without opening anything else, does it still make the sounds?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
try quitting one of them at a time. see if the sound stops. i'd bet it's app related... maybe entourage.

Reaction score
You might have "Play user interface sound effects" turned on in the Sound preference. If so, turn it off and see if the donks disappear. And you could click on each of the sounds listed to discover whether it's one of them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.