any temperature apps?

A

adam taylor

hi all, had my ibook a month or two and love it. but using it on my lap does mean it gets quite warm. i always keep the vents clear but worry the insulative effect of my legs is going to cause overheating. i had a little app on my pc which monitored various locations on the motherboard for temp, has anyone got any exp of similar on an ibook?

also any advance notice of overheating before everything dies?

ta, Adam

OP
C

Chamorro

I've heard of people using ThermoInDock. I think you're better off using a real thermometer...just seems more accurate and precise to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
well i'm using "temperature monitor" from macupdate.com it works perfectly well w/ my PowerBook on panther..

EY

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Konfabulator has a pretty good temp. monitor, as well as a few other fun gadgets.

OP
L

lzasitko

temp

Look at iPulse it will show current cpu temperature along with all kinds of system information. Uses skins so you can change the look of it when you want, mine looks like a clock and shows current time. Will show any processes and memory usage by each, info on swapping, your internet connection (hard wired or wireless) and a bunch more. Slick little software and worth the fee for it.

Larry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.