Dreamweaver with .mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
I am trying out the Dreamweaver trial to see if I want to spend the dough on it. I have built a basic site however I can't seem to figure out how to publish it to my .mac account. Can you publish a site from Dreamweaver to .mac? If so, can someone explain the process as i cannot find any info on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
While I've never tried it, I would imagine it would be as simple as saving the site to the sites folder in your iDisk. Your iDisk would act just like another drive.

Just be aware that .Mac doesn't support any kind advanced scripting like a normal web host.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Yes, it is possible. Just copy your files to the "Sites" folder in your iDisk and to access them just go to "homepage.mac.com/username". Or you can copy the files to "Web>Sites" and you can access them at "web.mac.com/username".

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I guess there is no way to publish your site within Dreamweaver???

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
As far as i remember Dreamweaver can do that. iDisk works as any other drive/partition/folder, so you can create your files directly inside it, Dreamweaver can create the files inside it.
Also, you can sync the contents of your hard drive to iDisk, thus creating and storing in the Sites folder in your Mac and then sync that folder to your iDisk should work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.