the signature white earbuds...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
i know that showing off our white earbuds is what makes the ipod experience so enjoyable, but i don't understand how so many people can live with them. the sound quality on those things is horrible and they sit so loose in the ear. this just makes me think that all those people who have ipods and still use the factory white earbuds just bought one to show off, not cuz it's really a great music player. honestly, if you're still using your factory supplied white earbuds then you are really missing the potential of the ipods sound quality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i use bang & olufsen headphones and the sound quality is amazing in them (should be for how much i paid)....I have also heard amazing things about the shure headphones

T

TylerMoney

Well...for one thing....they don't really sound that terrible for listening to while walking to and from places...or while on the city bus....course there are better headphones, but they're expensive....and I'm all out of money after buying the iPod. Some site was suggesting these really nice headphones..the only problem was that they cost more than my 20gig iPod...I can't justify that. When i'm at home I use my dock and go through my pc speakers....true the earbuds don't like to fit in the ears very well...but it's better than nothing I guess.

M

Maxwell Murder

The signature white earphones on iPods are causing people in London, UK to be mugged for their iPods! It's believable as well because it's like an advert saying "Hey, I have a £350 bit of kit in my pocket that alot of people want. Come get it!". Hehehe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
That's nuts! But I guess unavoidable... :rolleyes:

T

TylerMoney

they're jumping people in the states as well...they're telling people to buy other headphones just to take attention off....but many people would rather look cool...I for one like the look of them of course..but keep them because they're better than my old warn out headphones...and I don't have time or money to go searching for the perfect set right now....I can problably spend 30 bucks and get nicer phones...and probably will in the near future. Until then...I'd like to see someone try and mug me for my iPod...cause I'll just give it to them...and then go weep in a courner for a week....

then again...I also have the remote thingy....and I'm not going to stop using that...that would just be stupid......so either way....they'll know I have an iPod...I'm just praying that I'll be alright for a long while.....but my walk to and from school...is pretty safe......if it was where I use to live...I would do everything in my power to make people think I didn't have an iPod...Now I walk past a prison...you can't get much saffer than that..

M

Maxwell Murder

Unless one of the inmates escapes and steals your ipod, pawns it and runs off to mexico.

Far fetched but still... :)

T

TylerMoney

Yeah...but even if he does escape....the prison is right in the middle of the city..where cops come around all the time...and I only walk in front of the prison...where guards are at all times...so, it's safer than pretty much any other section of pittsburgh...aside from way north in Sewickely.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I think that's a bit of a strange place for a prison.

W

WilliS

the siginture earbuds are cool... they for 1, let you know how apple is doing in the large scheme of things. walking to class at penn state university, i see people with them everywhere. the likeliness of mine being stolen is low i would think..they can just steal them from the guy next to me lol. and considering im 6' 4", im probably not the first person they would go after when looking for a new ipod lol.

either way, sound quality is ok... they dont sit in my ears right because i lost the foam padding :(... but at one point, they did. they seem to have a new version of them out, that look like they fit better.. its not so much of a disc, but more of a cone going into your ear.. anyone have any clue if they are better? my old pair are starting to get warn out, and i could go for a new pair of them hehe.

also, apple has always been known to stand out... they pride themselves in it. PC's were ugly beige colored forever... mac came out with bright colors. pc's copied it by trying to make face plates of different colors *cough* compaq *cough*... apple moved on to brushed aluminum towers, and clear plastic / white keyboards and monitors... everything they do looks great, and really stands out in comparison to the rest of the market. then if you look at most headphones, you notice nearly all of them are black cords, and grey or black buds... apple responds with a pure white set of earbuds...why? because its apple... and thats what they do, stand out, and look good doing it

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Screw earbuds in general. The sound quality is very poor.

W

Wapa18

DualG5Lova said:
and considering im 6' 4", im probably not the first person they would go after when looking for a new ipod lol.......

they seem to have a new version of them out, that look like they fit better.. its not so much of a disc, but more of a cone going into your ear.. anyone have any clue if they are better? my old pair are starting to get warn out, and i could go for a new pair of them hehe.

same here. me being 6' 7", i have even less of a chance of being mugged for my ipod :p

and if u're referring to apple's new in-ear earbuds, i wouldn't get them if i were you. they only have marginally better sound...not enough of a difference to justify the $40 they're asking for them. if you want the white earbuds, just get another pair of the regular ones. that's just my opinion though

W

WilliS

if someone gets shot over an ipod, someone has their priorities out of line....lol

then again...maybe they wanna go to jail for attempted murder..but need good music before they go!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
kjellquist said:
height can't stop a bullet
It CAN'T?!? Better go tell my friends.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Well buds or otherwise, the Apple store near me is always sold out of iPods :p

T

TylerMoney

Not really though..it's just fun to think so. Though I might take a knife wound :)

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I would too.
I'm so gothic it's not even funny.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.