Thinking about going to an Apple store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1.8GHz C2D iSight 1GB RAM 160GB HDD
Hey

Im thinking about going to my local Apple store (Brent Cross)

seeing as Im only 13.. (you may not know that!)

I heard you can walk in and go on a Mac and play around on it, is this true?

Thatll be cool - I can test one out etc..

Never been in the stores, anyone been in the brent cross one?

M

MacHeadCase

Yes Apple Stores have plenty of machines on the floor so you can try them all out.

OP
Dean786
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Awesome - im off to go into one hopefully tommorow or next week

Reaction score
Don't break anything .... kidding ... enjoy it, because here in Switzerland, there are no official Apple Stores.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Don't break anything .... kidding ... enjoy it, because here in Switzerland, there are no official Apple Stores.

But you're in switzerland!:cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
Have (or maybe by now hope you had) fun.
I brought a girlfriend in to the Apple Store when it opened in San Diego (Fashion Valley).
Being able to "play" with the Macs and to see how cool they are up close and personal was a clincher for her :)

Reaction score
Dean786: while you're there ask about the Apple Youth Workshops. They currently have scheduled workshops for iMovie and iPhoto.

They're full at the moment (all the places go within minutes of an email being sent out) but they're free and you get to make a movie or slideshow and take it home on DVD. They also do GarageBand workshops.

I'm sure someone there would put you on the waiting list. Just ask, be enthusiastic and polite (not that you wouldn't be, I'm sure...) and you never know you might just benefit from a cancellation.

OP
Dean786
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds good - Im off next week =]

Reaction score

Here in Tasmania there are official Apple Stores but not that that makes any difference .... lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Wish they had more of them. None close enough for me to pay them a visit. I would have bought ProCare if they had been close because it sounds like a great deal for $99.00. Oh well...I had Mac-Forums to help me out!

OP
Dean786
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good News! Im going today.. actually in the next hour ill be off!

Wooohay - Testing out a Mac! Wicked!

Plus im going to ask lots of questions hehe

Reaction score
in the frozen wastes of Scotland we are not allowed an Apple Store so it's places like PC World (yuk!) We could do with zome places that actually know something about the machines

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.