Screenshot

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me telling me how can i take screenshots wit my Macbook, specially when im playing video games (like WoW or Warcraft III)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Look in the game settings, some games, I know WoW does, has a specific key set up for screen shots.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Not a hardware issue. Moving to proper software forum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
with WoW on a mac it is F13

Reaction score
I use a handy widget called screenshot plus. Search for it on the Apple website.

Reaction score
Shift+Command+3 = screenshot

Shift+Command+4 = crosshair to select user defined area.

Shift+Command+4 ... then hit the spacebar, then click the mouse = camera icon appears. Move it over any icon, window or image to take a screenshot and then click.

Reaction score
Pulse, OMG !!! That's brilliant! Never knew the camera thing! I'm .... gawd I'm gonna explode.

Reaction score
BTW, I couldn't rep you for that post because I have to spread some before I give you again...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
Shift+Command+3 = screenshot

Shift+Command+4 = crosshair to select user defined area.

Shift+Command+4 ... then hit the spacebar, then click the mouse = camera icon appears. Move it over any icon, window or image to take a screenshot and then click.

wow! camera!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
...and don't forget that Preview will also take screen and/or window shots. Start up Preview and Select File -> Grab. It will even take a timed sequence of screen shots. Pretty neat.

Reaction score
now that I've captured a screen shot, how do I paste it

I heard the shutter click when I captured my screen shot, but neither control V nor paste seem to place it in my Pages document.

Reaction score
kurt --

You're probably long gone but others searching for this answer may want to know. When Macs take a screenshot they don't copy it to the clipboard, they just save it as a .png on your desktop.

You can copy to clipboard by adding the "Control" button to any of the above button combinations. (ie Cmd + Ctrl + 3)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.